Posts Tagged identity
|My second blog post has been published last week on aws.amazon.com/blogs. It details how to build and deploy a web application that uses Web Identity Federation on AWS Elastic Beanstalk. This application uses Login with Amazon as an example. As usual, do not hesitate to send your comments and feedback. Enjoy !|
Since Oracle’s Sun acquisition completed on January 27th, Oracle started a massive communication campaign to detail product’s roadmap and integration.
Regarding Identity Management (IDM) products and technologies strategy and integration, you can view the full web cast (18 minutes) or just read through my summary below.
- Sun Directory Server is strategic and will consume some of the features of Oracle Internet Directory.
- OpenDS stays an open source project.
Authorization and Access Management
- Oracle Access Manager is the strategic product for Web SSO
- Sun OpenSSO continues as an open source project
- Oracle Identity Federation is strategic and will include OpenSSO’s fedlet
- Oracle Access Manager will be enhanced with OpenSSO Secure Token Service (for web service security)
- Oracle plans to create migration tools from OpenSSO to OAM and OIF
- Sun OpenSSO Enterprise will be renamed Oracle OpenSSO
As with other products, Oracle will extend OpenSSO support until 2014 (for premium support) and 2017 (for extended support).
- Oracle Identity Manager is strategic
- Oracle Identity Manager will be enhances with functionality of Sun Identity Manager (mainly SPML provisioning)
- Oracle plans to create migration tools from Sun Identity Manager to Oracle Identity Manager
- Sun Identity Manager will be renamed Oracle WaveSet
- Sun Role Manager is strategic and will be called Oracle Identity Analytics